Click on titles to view links

Financial Services

Financial Counselling

Please call the Financial Counselling Helpline on 1800 007 007 

(FREE CALL for landlines. For mobile phones, check your mobile phone plan for any possible charges by using number).

This hotline is open Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.00pm (Eastern Standard Time).

Alternatively, visit the Financial Counsellors Association website ( for further information about financial counselling available to you.

Financial counsellors provide confidential and independent service.

Financial counsellors can:

  • Help you organise your finances and do a budget
  • Suggest ways to improve your financial situation
  • See if you are eligible for government assistance
  • Negotiate repayment arrangements with your creditors
  • Explain your options and their consequences, including debt recovery procedures, bankruptcy and other alternatives
  • Help you work out a payment plan with creditors
  • Refer you to other services, for example, a gambling helpline, family support, personal counselling or community legal aid.



Dreambuilders Church

Anglicare Karnany Ph: 08 9274 7929

The Salvation Army Emergency Relief Services
Ph: 08 9260 9599

Blue Sky Community Group Ph: 08 9376 9999


Financial Tips & Understanding Money
Money tips, About financial products, Scams, Unclaimed money, Trouble with debt,
Debt collection

Consumer Rights
Your rights
How to make a complaint

Information for debtors
Seek assistance from Financial Counsellor

Consolidate accounts for a fee
Find your superannuation accounts for free
Information/forms required to get superannuation released early

Credit Check
How to get your credit file free from Veda
Seek assistance from a financial counsellor

Information about payments
Compare payments/benefits
Centrepay-free bill paying service
Voluntary income management
Crisis payments
Centrelink fact sheets

Child Support
Estimate child support
‘Me and My Money’ booklet

Family Assistance
Information on payments and assistance to assist with costs of raising children
Online estimators/make claims/ update your information
Advance payments
Make payments you owe

About Hardship Utilities Grants
How do I apply?

How to reduce bills
Energy audits
Energy calculator

Tips for energy efficiency
Bill smoothing

Water Corporation
Payment assistance
Being water wise

Bill payment extensions
Financial hardship assistance policy
Telstra bill assistance program from agencies

Tenants Advice
Free legal advice and information to residential tenants
See a tenancy advocate

Fines and Infringements
Payment methods
Search suspensions
Information about infringements/fines/ consequences
Downloadable forms

Investigate and facilitate the resolution of complaints about electricity/gas

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Investigate and facilitate the resolution of complaints for telephone/internet

Financial Ombudsman Service
Investigate and facilitate the resolution of complaints for financial planning.






Children & Parenting



MIDLAS (Midland Information, Debt and Legal Advocacy Service). 9250 2123

Crisis Care Helpline 9223 1111
TTY 9325 1232

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline 1800 007 339

Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline 1800 000 599

Centrelink 13 61 50

Family Helpline 9223 1100

Relationships Australia 9250 1242 27 The Crescent, Midland

Koolkuna Women’s Refuge 9255 2202

Swan Emergency Accommodation 9274 5382

Family Planning WA (FPWA) 9227 6177 70 Roe St, Northbridge.

Wanslea Family Support Service 9245 2441

Multi-Cultural Services Centre 9328 2699

Multi-Cultural Women’s Advocacy Service 9490 4988

Uniting Care West Credit Care 9325 2400

Australian Red Cross 9225 8888

Parenting Coordinator 9274 1666 Department for Communities, Midland



Midland Child Development Centre 9250 4333 281 Great Eastern Hwy, Midland

Andrea Way Child Development Centre 9458 9899 Cnr of Treasure and Andrea Way, Queens Park

State Child Development Centre 9426 9444  – 6 Rheola St. West Perth

Private Speech Pathologists Association 9453 9649

Occupational Therapy Association 9388 1490

Australian Physiotherapy Association 9389 9211



Australian Breastfeeding Association 1800 mum 2 mum
24 Hr Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 686 268
Kalamunda Group Local contact 9454 2019



Children’s Services Officer (Dpt for Communities) 9274 9411

Eastern Region Family Day Care Scheme 9274 6222

National Child Care Access Hotline 1800 795 433

Out of School Care High Wycombe Family Centre 9454 8090 108 Edney Rd, High Wycombe

Kalamunda 9291 0088 12 Grove Rd, Walliston



Protective Behaviours WA Inc 0409 071 068

NAPCAN 9272 9939

Kids Helpline 1800 551 800

NetAlert 9271 7622

Safety House Program 9272 0000

Constable Care Child Safety Foundation 9340 8509

Kidsafe WA 1800 802 244

St Johns Ambulance 9334 1222

Day for Daniel

Disability Services

Carers’ Association of W.A.
Information for carers
Options for parents for children with a disability

Information about payments
Compare payments/benefits
Crisis payments
Centrelink fact sheets
Disability Pension
Carers payments
Information on respite

Family support
Non residential respite
Residential housing
Accommodation funding

Disability Services Commission
Service agencies
Disability definitions
Other advocacy agencies

Disability First Stop
To assist people with a disability and their families get the help they need within the first 18 months of diagnosis.

Disability in the Arts. Disadvantage in the Arts (DADAA WA)
Arts programs
Respite care
School engagement and inclusion

Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre (EDAC)
Support for C.a.L.D. clients
Disability Advocacy
Court representation
Systemic advocacy

Family Support WA Inc
Information for carers
Options for parents for children with a disability
Information on respite

Support for head injuries
Disability advocacy
Systemic advocacy
Respite care
First response information

Hills Community Support Group
Day services
Disability services
Respite care

Independent Living Centre
Aged care
Grants for equipment
Accommodation services
Home modifications

Local Area Coordination (DSC)
Disability services
First stop
Referral agency
Government funding

People with Disabilities WA (PWDWA)
Individual Advocacy
Systemic Advocacy
Disability First Stop Agency

Street Law Centre WA
Free legal clinic
Freecall advice line
Guardianship and Administrations applications
Police complaints
Criminal Injuries Compensation
Freedom of Information applications
Violence Restraining Orders

Uniting Care West
Aged Care
Disability Advocacy (IDAP)
Accommodation services


Legal aid WA
Family dispute resolution
Family Court Services
Children’s court services
Domestic Violence unit
Child Support
Civil Litigation Assistance Scheme
Immigration Service
Youth law
Corruption and Crime Fund

Aboriginal Family Law Services
 9355 1502

Case for refugees
Migration Legal Advice
Protection Visas
Family reunion Visas
General Legal Advice
Community Legal Education

Citizens Advice Bureau
Family Law
Dividing Fences
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Consumer complaints
Personal Injury
Workplace and Industrial

Community Legal Centres Association
The association of state community legal centre organisations in Australia

Consumer Credit Legal Service WA
Advice line


Domestic Violence Services

Crisis Care Unit
24hr crisis support (violence, child protection, suicide, etc)
Phone: 08 9325 1111 or 1800 199 008
TTY: 08 9325 1232

Women’s Council for Domestic and Family violence services
Phone: 08 9420 7264
This is the peak representative organisation for the 35 women’s refuges in Western Australia. Provides basic information on what refuges offer, the consequences of domestic violence.Telephone support, referral to safe accommodation 9-5 Mon-Fri

Marnja Jarndu Women’s refuge/shelter Broome
Phone: 08 9193 6146
Outreach service phone 08 9193 6698
Domestic Violence Advocacy Service Central (DVAS Central)
Domestic violence Advocacy support Located in the city a one stop shop service with support workers, police, legal aid, women and children counseling services available.
Ph: 08 9226 2370

The Patricia Giles Centre
Accommodation and counseling for women and children affected by domestic violence.
Ph: 089300 1022
Free counseling services for women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence.

The Domestic Violence Legal Unit
Phone: 08 9261 6254 or 08 9261 6320
The Legal Aid Domestic Violence Legal Unit assists women who are experiencing domestic violence. Legal Aid’s Domestic Violence Unit advises and assists women with Restraining Order matters.8.30am- 5.00pm Monday – Friday.

Joondalup Family and Domestic Violence Court
A specialized Domestic Court support service for Violence Restraining Orders and Domestic Violence criminal matters. Support workers available
Phone: 08 9400 0707

Gosnells Community Legal Centre
Child Support & Family Law Legal Service
Community Legal Education
Financial Counselling Service
Domestic Violence Legal Service
Volunteer Legal Service
FDR Legal Service
FDR & Community Mediation Service
Tenancy Service
Welfare Rights & Community Advocates Service

Law Society of WA
The voice of legal profession in WA

Mental Health Law Centre WA
Legal advice and representation in Mental Health Act 1996 (WA) matters
Legal advice and representation in criminal law especially under the Criminal Law (Mentally Impaired Accused) Act 1996 (WA), guardianship and administration, criminal injuries compensation, freedom of information, employment and discrimination, and family law.
Legal information and referral service
Legal education and training in mental health legal issues

Northern Suburbs Community Legal Centre
Family Law
Civil Law
Criminal Law
Tenancy Law
Elder Law
Community Education
Community Advocacy

Street Law Centre WA
Free legal clinic
Freecall advice line
Guardianship and Administrations applications
Police complaints
Criminal Injuries Compensation
Freedom of Information applications
Violence Restraining Orders

Sussex Street Community Law Services Inc
Family Law
Civil Law
Minor Criminal – Belmont Outreach only
Welfare Rights
Disability Discrimination
Tenant Advocacy
Individual Disability Advocacy
Financial Counselling
Night Legal Service
Emergency Relief
Outreach Services

Welfare rights and Advocacy Service
Social Security/Centrelink benefits or entitlements
or complain about a Social Security/Centrelink decision
Homeswest or private tenant,
Consumer issues
Government agency or utility

Women’s law Centre
Legal advice, referral and support
Law reform
Community legal education
Outreach work and other projects
Phone: 08 9272 8800
Fax: 08 9221 5410
email: Women’

Youth legal Service
Conducting community legal education
Undertaking policy and law reform

Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia
Peek body for Youth of Western Australia


Spring Rd Community Kindergarten (Inc) 9293 3292 1A Spring Rd, Kalamunda.

High Wycombe Family Centre 4 yr old Program 9454 4510 104 Edney Rd, High Wycombe.

Woodlupine Family Centre 4yr old Program 9359 1155 88 Hale Rd, Forrestfield.

LBC Little Tacka’s Kindy 92919866 1 Varley St Lesmurdie

Forrestfield Primary School 9453 6277 Sussex Rd, Forrestfield.

Dawson Park Primary School 9453 2499 Bougainvillea Ave, Forrestfield.

Woodlupine Primary School 9453 6928 Solandra Way, Forrestfield.

High Wycombe Primary School 9454 5280 Newburn Rd, High Wycombe.

Edney Rd Primary School 9454 8377 Cnr Edney and Newburn Rd, High Wycombe.

Maida Vale Primary School 9454 5260 Casuarina Rd, Maida Vale.

Wattle Grove Primary School 9453 6722 Welshpool Rd, Wattle Grove.

Hillside Christian School 9359 5222 336 Hawtin Rd, Forrestfield.

Kalamunda Christian School 92918749 6 Halleendale Rd Walliston

Heritage College 9453 1833 Hawtin Rd, Forrestfield.

Matthew Gibney Catholic Primary School 9454 4549 30 Munday Rd, High Wycombe.

Falls Rd Primary School 9291 8200 Falls Rd, Lesmurdie

Lesmurdie Primary School 9291 9855 Sanderson Rd, Lesmurdie

St Brigids Primary School 9291 8222 Lesmurdie Rd, Lesmurdie.

Gooseberry Hill Primary School 9293 2777 Ledger Rd, Gooseberry Hill.

Kalamunda Primary School 9257 1233 Heath Rd, Kalamunda

Mary’s Mount Primary School 9293 2800 47 Davies Cres, Gooseberry Hill.

Adventist College Primary School 9291 6399 17 First Ave, Bickley.

Walliston Primary School 9291 8099 Dianella Rd, Walliston.

Pickering Brook Primary School 9293 8256 Pickering Brook Rd, Pickering Brook.

Kalamunda Education Support Centre 9293 4798 Heath Rd, Kalamunda.



Ambulance (non- emergency) 9334 1234

Health Direct 1800 022 222

Princess Margaret Hospital 9340 8222

Poisons Information Service 13 11 26

Infant Loss Support 1800 686 780

Child and Adolescent Health Service, High Wycombe. 9454 8885 High Wycombe Family Centre, 104 Edney Rd, High Wycombe.

Child and Adolescent Health Service, Forrestfield. 9453 9269 Woodlupine Family Centre, 88 Hale Rd Forrestfield.

Child and Adolescent Health Service, Kalamunda 9257 1230 19a Mead St, Kalamunda

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service 9250 5777

Disability Services Commission, Local Area Co-ordinators

Forrestfield/Wattle Grove 9293 0497

Kalamunda and Surrounds 9293 0491

High Wycombe, Maida Vale, Kewdale 9479 5355

Aboriginal Health Service 9274 1641 Midvale Community Health Clinic

Immunisation Clinic 92790142 Midvale Community Health Clinic

Midland Women’s Health Care Place 9250 2221 4 The Avenue, Midland

Gosnells Women’s Health Service 9490 2258 Suite 7, Level 1, 2232c Albany Hwy, Gosnells

ARAFMI Mental Health Carers and Friends 9228 0577

Women’s Information Service 6217 8230

Lifeline 13 11 14

Anglicare 9325 7033

The Compassionate Friends 9325 6644

St John of God Health Care Raphael Centre 1300 306 828

King Edward Hospital Mother and Baby Unit 1800 422 580

Mental Health Emergency Response Line 9224 8888

Kids Helpline 1800 551 800

Mensline 1800 000 911

Pregnancy Birth &Baby Helpline 1800 882 436

Young Parents Support Program 9325 7033


The Western Australian Network of Alcohol and other Drug Agencies (WANADA)

Local Drug Action Groups Inc

Drug Info Clearinghouse

Australian Drug Information Network

WA Health




Department of Housing
How to apply for a home
Bond assistance
Housing policies
Community housing and
Online maintenance applications.

Foundation Housing
Information on how to apply to Foundation Housing; and contact details.

Commerce WA
Information on,
Getting started in your tenancy
Maintenance and repairs
Bond and rent
Ending your tenancy
Discrimination in the rental market

Individual and family support
Youth services
Family and domestic violence
Alcohol and other drug support services and
Counselling and support services.

Department for Child Protection
Land Lord Advisory
Screening processes for tenant selection
Access to debt collection services and
Access to settlement agencies.

Real Estate WA
Properties for rent
Rent calculators and
Information on entering the rental market.

Real Estate and Advisory Board WA
Regulatory body governing real-estate transactions.

Shelter WA
Housing body that represents and lobbies on behalf of community groups housing consumers.

Sussex Street Community Law Service
A free community legal service offered to low income and disadvantaged people in the community.

Tenancy W.A
How to get help with your tenancy;
Information sheets; and publications.

Welfare rights and Advocacy Service
A not-for-profit community organisation which provides independent information, advice, advocacy and referral.

Community Services

Shire of Kalamunda - Community Directory



Forrestfield 9257 9975 5 Salix Way, Forrestfield

High Wycombe  9257 9974 15 Markham Rd, High Wycombe

Kalamunda 9257 9969 7 Williams St, Kalamunda

Lesmurdie  9257 9976 21 Ried Rd, Lesmurdie

Kalamunda Toy Library 6293 1857 33 Canning Rd, Kalamunda

Forrestfield Toy Library 6293 1857 5 Salix Way, Forrestfield



To find a park in your area call the Shire of Kalamunda on 9257 9999 or visit the website